Thursday, April 11 was not the best beach day but we made the best of it. Cloud cover throughout the day with a stiff breeze, heavy surf did not make for a good tanning or swimming day. We did however get on the beach in between sprinkles that were on and off all day in Beacon Hill.

David went to Maho Market in the morning for coffee and a light breakfast for us to eat at home. A chocolate croissant for him and a Johnny Cake with Gouda for me. Yesterday evening I asked when the hot food was put out in the buffet bar. Johnny cakes are available at the deli counter in back of store. The Johnny cake was a bit greasy and dense, not one of the better ones I’ve had on the island.

An enjoyable dining experience at Roma’s made up for the lackluster breakfast and no lunch. We had a cocktail at the bar before we sat for dinner during Happy Hour. Fredo one of the bartenders makes an excellent extra dry vodka martini straight up with olives. I had it with Belvedere vodka, it was smooth..

We shared the Prosciutto di Parma with fig and parmigiano appetizer. Nice shaved pieces of parm with arugula. The waitress added more grated cheese with fresh cracked pepper at our request. Veal Ossco Bucco with saffron risotto for David and I ate the Ultimate Chicken Parmigiana with penne, Pomodoro & basil tomato sauce. The Ultimate option adds arugula, parm ham, parm shavings and balsamic. The breaded cutlet was large and cooked perfectly. Both our meals were tasty and hearty.

A perfect ending to a not so weather perfect day.

Attached Files IMG_7063.jpegIMG_7062.jpeg