Spent the day at La Playa beachfront on Orient. It was very windy with strong surf and pounding waves.

Our intention to have lunch at Chez Leandra wasn’t meant to be. They were closed today. I messaged them after David took a walk down/up the beach and reported when he returned they were buttoned up. Whoever handles their social media got back to me fairly quickly with the response, “sorry we are closed today.”

Before noon we almost gave up and left the beach because it was very cloudy and it showered 3 times. Glad we stayed because the sun came out the rest of the afternoon. Lunch was at La Playa. Tempura shrimp were good. A sushi roll for David and a goat cheese salad for me with mixed greens and walnuts. There were four pieces of goat cheese each prepared differently. One was with honey in a puff pastry package, one was fried, grilled on a toast point and lastly with crispy bacon wrapped around the goat cheese.

On the return from Orient we typically stop at a place for Happy Hour. We decided to go to Bucaneer’s. It’s changed even more since we’ve been there. Lots more tables and chairs, a lobster tank/wooden boat and the deck has a wooden structure with canopy. The drinks are smaller than we remember and nobody makes a BBC like Wanda did. A BBC and vodka tonic was $14. Happy Hour is 5-7 but we were there earlier so that is regular price. Not bad price considering what Sunset Bar & Grill charged us. More on that later.

When we couldn’t find parking for the Yacht Club nor Driftwood against our better judgment we decided to go to Sunset. We can’t remember the last time we were there but will remember not return. We sat at the big bar in the middle and ordered two rum punches. They were comically small. Not the best tasting but we were outdoors and close to home. When we asked for the check the bartender said $18. I replied, “these drinks are $9 each?” Yep…they were so much smaller than drinks anyplace else we’ve been too. As my husband says, “one and done.”

By comparison the Rum punch at more than twice the size with multiple Rums is $7 at Driftwood. We had another casual dinner here. Rib appetizer for David and a jerk shrimp kebab dinner for me. If you are not a fan of spice I wouldn’t recommend it.

Attached Files IMG_7071.jpegIMG_7075.jpegIMG_7091.jpegIMG_7076.jpeg