With all due respect to other charter companies I've just never chartered with anyone other than The Moorings. It's what I started with back in the 80's and I just stayed with a known quantity. I know I probably pay more but I've always gotten great service and I felt comfortable paying for it

For my upcoming trip in June I'm starting to get perturbed with them. I've got some questions on my paperwork and I wanted to arrange transportation from Beef Island to the base. I called in and after a brief hold got the "We'll call you back" automated response. They called me back at least a day later - maybe even two - but the person I spoke with couldn't handle my request and needed to pass me off to another department. Can you guess where this is going?

I was transferred to the other department and soon got the "We'll call you back" response. That was over a week ago.

I sent an email yesterday morning and have not heard back as of 10 pm tonight.

I'm not used to this kind of service from "The world's premiere yacht charter company". Are they having staffing problems? What's going on?