Finally made it over to Ikigai at Biras last night for the first time.

The experience was.... all right. We went for the terrace menu rather than the Omakase and while everything we got food wise was very good, it was incrediblyyyyyy expensive (even for the BVI)

$38 for a Spicy Tuna Roll (8 pieces, 7.3/10 rating) and $38 for a Panko Prawn Role (8 pieces, 8.1/10 rating).

The setting is small, but is nicely appointed and has a beautiful sunset view looking back over the Biras dock and the North Sound. With that being said, while you are in a nicely appointed area, immediately when you walk outside of this space, the rest of Biras is still an abandoned and hurricane damaged resort which gave it a bit of an odd feel.

Service from the wait staff left a lot to be desired, and the mosquitos were brutal.

And as a note, a friend did say the 12 course, $200/head Omakase experience was incredible. So I am sure I will go try that some point for a special occassion. With drinks and tip, they spent $650 as a couple for this experience.

For the Omakase the full group sits at the bar and the food is prepared in front of you. The terrace menu consists of couches (no tables) just outside the Omakase bar.

When I do go back for the Omakase experience, I will definitely go with a small group (4 max). Due to the layout of the bar a group any larger than that will result in you just not being able to talk to the rest of the group during dinner.

Overall, not rushing to go back for the terrace menu. On a windy night when the mossies calm down I would definitely go back for sunset cocktails. And for my next big celebration (birthday or similar) I will consider giving the Omakase a shot.