I believe it is now $70 per person, $35 customs/convenience fee, $15 taxi to Red Hook, plus gratuities. In addition, it is not as though they can take you over at any time, as Customs and Immigration closes about the same time as the last ferry arrival. If you arrange a taxi pick-up with Kevin or Stanley, either could probably get you on the ferry. Last November we had one crew member arriving STT at 4:30 and Stanley got him to the 5:00 ferry, although he did not have time to retrieve his luggage. In this case Stanley returned to the airport, got his luggage and put it on the first ferry the next morning. It seems both the BVI and USVI governments, along with the taxis, are throwing their support to the public ferries, which are now more dependable. I have no idea where the private water taxis might be in their attempt obtain approval from BVI C&I for the boat captain to clear-in for his passengers and deliver them to their boat. It has been two months since the new policy was put in place and the private water taxis can only say they are working on it, hoping to solve it any day now.

Noel Hall
"It is humbling indeed, to discover my own opinion is only correct less than 50% of the time."

www.noelhall.com