Hubby and I planned to go to SXM only once for a land vacation, had been 7 times on cruise ship. We made a list of what we wanted to do everyday so we could take in many things the island had to offer. We did stick to that agenda because if we had not we would have ask ourselves on the way home why we missed this or that. We have been going back now for the last 8 years. The 1st trip was 7 days...then 8 days..and we are up to 14 days. We usually do most of our days on Orient with only going to the other favorite beaches 2-3 days. We did our research here on TTOL, ask questions and narrowed down what we could do on our 1st visit.

A lot of people(both men and women) love the Tijon classes but I have not made that a piority yet. Tijon.com has info and there are reports on Trip Advisor about the classes. I know folks on this board that have been there several times and maybe they will chime in. On Cruise Critic board I see posts where a lot of people on ships take cabs there when they dock for the classes so they must be pretty good.

We never stay out real late and try to be mindful of our surrounding. Hope you guys enjoy your vacation.