We were on a mission trip south of Harare. We traveled for 6 hours to get to the village (2 hours of it was on a dirt road). No electricity or any of what we take for granted was available. After 4 days we started our return to Harare, but stopped just outside of Masvingo to the Zimbabwean Ruins. They appeared to have been built in the 1600s. The stone had been made from the bigger formations around the area. Very impressive to look at. The stone formations were stacked so high and had nothing that was holding it together. Then on Saturday, we went to the Lion and Cheetah park just outside of Harare. Very interesting,however, they cannot afford to feed the elephants so there were none. Saw a 300 year old turtle, among other animals there that you could go in the cages to pet. I didn't do that, but some of my group did. We had a great time in Zimbabwe and I would go back in a minute. The only thing I'm not to excited about is the 24+ hours that you are in either airports or on the planes. Gets very tiring.

best,
sandy