This goes to my original point though I’m not trying to argue. Yes, there are many TTOL'ers who have spent countless hours researching stuff here or just reading for entertainment, that have thousands of posts, or that maintain their own databases to cover points of wisdom shared previously. I'm talking about the other group of readers who come here only occasionally, usually in preparation for an upcoming trip, and who are looking for quick answers, be they facts or current opinions. For many of us, good “wisdom” gets buried on the main page quickly due to the high volume of posts here, and while the search function is ok, it doesn’t work for certain instances such as popular keywords (Orient).

From reading the responses above, my opinion is that an opportunity exists to use the FAQ's better. When one looks at the FAQ posts, one can imagine that there are several topics or issues that could be included and covered with clear, factual answers that wouldn’t change with the wind. Tipping practices and etiquette is just one example; island safety practices / suggestions are another important concern.

Then you also have the questions about grocery shopping or restaurants. Surely one would say those are “FAQ’s”, and comments along those lines could be organized in a reasonable manner within FAQ’s. Sure, a category like “Best restaurants in Grand Case” would collect the same comments and opinions as are seen on the Main Page, but if people posted their comments under FAQ’s for those topics, responses wouldn’t get buried so quickly as on the main page.

Ultimately all I’m suggesting is that we could use the FAQ’s better as a way to consolidate similar posts and information into FAQ libraries that can be more easily read, searched, shared, and retained. One well written Sticky could provide people with the guidance on what topics could be better posted and reviewed under FAQ’s.

I’m just speaking with good intent from the perspective of an occasional user.

Thank you.

[Linked Image]