RickG said:
STT airport was at its regular high season pace today. We went through pretty briskly in about 20 minutes carryon only, prefilled C&I form, smartphone ticket, TSA pre-check. Those with checked bags had a looong line to check their bags. The porters were going to the front of the line for C&I and baggage check. That probably saved at least 30 minutes.

Cheers, RickG

Just curious, what time? We went through yesterday at about noon, and none of the airline counters were busy, C&I was quick, and there were maybe 10 people ahead of us to leave bags by the xray machines. I was planning to use a porter but the way it looked, I didn't bother. Only problem was the departure lounge was jammed, no seats, no tables in the cafeteria, even the bar was hard to get to. Had to get a beer in a cup from the stand out in the gate area. I've never seen it like that, but we don't usually travel there/home on Saturdays.

Also, off topic, but kudos to the STT airport for the clean shiny new bathrooms on the way to the baggage claim. It looks like they are not quite done with that area but it's already 100 times nicer than it used to be.