Jan 22 to Feb 8, 2015
Flew Toronto nonstop on WestJet, flight was mostly full. Quick flight, wheels up at 10:45, landed 3:45, four hours in air exactly. No jet way, but the stairs and bus are quick, no signage for which carousel to use for luggage, so stood by the usual and five minutes picked up our bags.
Wilfred Brooks took us to Les Balcons – our first time there. On the drive the island seemed greener than last yr. First night at Les Balcons the lights on the water were fabulous, like a water colour painting. Unit is clean, workable and well equipped. We are here for 9 nights and then switch to La Plage. Have never visited Oyster Pond before and wanted try the area out.
Jeannie worked her normal magic and cold drinks were had while unpacking.
Walked to Mama’s Pizza for the first night, Steph’s favorite was the pizza we choose. Good, but I would not drive out of my way for it. Best part of pizza is to save some for the next morning and have it with a poached egg on top, yum.
My morning coffee location is Dirt Des’s, a short walk – note French coffee is almost exactly like an espresso! The new L’epicerie Gourmande is open 7 days a week, but needs more stock. It’s coming says Carole, who plainly is very knowledgeable and passionate about food
AAA delivered our car the next morning, on time, quick transaction and we were done. Mullet for two days, calm, lovely, easy to walk in, a bit of a slope in the sand, but not a problem. Bought fish at Skipjacks each day on the way home, rubbed some spice from home, blackened and then finished with butter and wine. Yesterday was Orient, Orange Fever was our choice. No beach in front of Pedro’s, everywhere else there is beach, no issue with seaweed. Most places have rebuilt. Orange Fever confirms the plans to build concessions at their end.
Simply has inexpensive wines, a little disappointed in their selection of other foods, will try Bacchus next for wine. It was suggested to try Enzo’s? In Hope Estate for pizza, we'' check it out.
That’s it so far
John & Bev