After 30+ years of visiting the BVI, I have frequently seen the "business model" of when things are bad,raise prices. Gov't throws out all kind of nickel and dime fees and many businesses jack up the prices for the customers who are coming. Rather than offer incentives to get more people to come, they just raise prices to those who do come. A few years back when I was surprised at some increases at a local establishment, the owner very seriously said "Yeah, times are bad, I need to make it on fewer people". The place was lucky to fill 10% of their tables for the next 2 or 3 years.
If you follow the BVI media, and read about all the projects and initiatives the government has going(or the people are demanding)it doesn't take much to "connect the dots" and do the math. Revenues are way down,expenditures are through the roof and there is an election in the brewing. Simple, raise rates and fees on the tourists.
Just look at the financing offering on the cruise ship project. 8%+ return on your investment?? The investment will be paid by rents from tenants in the shops? Don't need to look too far to see that they aren't doing too well collecting rents at Crafts Alive. Mr Ponzi would be proud.
Add in airport,Biwater,more scrutiny of the offshore banking business.
And for those of you who don't bother with travel medical insurance, you just might want to take a look at the new hospital fees for "out of towners". Going to be interesting the next few years.

My foot fits right into my shoe and my shoe will fit right into your...