Modi said:
The Club Orient FAQ Page does imply that Papagagyo is indeed meant for guests only...

Q: Is the Papagayo more expensive than…?

A: Than what? We are sometimes more expensive than some of the establishments further down the beach or elsewhere on the island. We are less expensive than many other restaurants as well. Further, the Club Orient Restaurants are designed to cater to only Club Orient guests. We do not allow open access to the Papagayo from non-guests and do not promote non-guest participation, especially in the evening. We recognize our responsibility to keep you free from unwanted visitors and gawkers.

Also, we are one of the few restaurants, which provide high quality live entertainment most nights without a cover charge.

In lieu of above, we ate at Papagayo almost every night during our stay there, and I don't think the management would ever ask someone to leave, even if they COULD tell who is or is not a guest. If you charge the meal and/or drinks to your room, then they obviously know you are a guest, but I am not sure how they would know if you were a guest or not. I have never seen anyone ask the patrons if they were staying there or not. We were never asked if we were guests on our first night there.

Last edited by o2bnsxm; 02/05/2015 08:19 AM.