snootie said:
Went there last night for first time with great anticipation after reading great reviews. Called for 7 pm reservation and was asked to come at 6:45 and would be seated at table #2 near the water. Showed up at 6:40 just to be sure and there was total confusion going on. After a lot of arguing among staff, found our reservation, but no mention of table #2 and were seated somewhere else. Ok, I can deal with that. Sat for about 10 minutes and a waitress came by and said she would get us menus as soon as a couple were available. Really? She took our drink order and that was the last we saw of her. More people arrived and confusion seemed to be the name of the game. (I would actually call it a cluster frig). Seated them, then moved them. Meanwhile table #2 went unoccupied. Now we're into 15 minutes, no drinks, no menu. We opted to get up and leave anticipating this was not going to end well. Went to La Rosa To and had a great meal and attentive service. Did I mention this was early on a Monday night? So disappointed after all the hype about Cugini. Will not go back.

We had a similar situation. We were early (like 6:30) but they sat us at a table. They asked us about a drink. We ordered a bottle of wine. After about 10 minutes, they came over and said that the owner hadn't arrived yet and that the wine room was still locked and we couldn't have our wine til he got there. We ALSO opted to leave and go elsewhere. We went to Tutta Pasta and had fantastic Italian food with great service.
We were also not that impressed with the menu at Cugini. It seemed very limited to us.