StormJib said:
Much ado about nothing. BEYC runs a first rate shop and provides a great number of services. Many complain about crowds and lack of moorings when they want to get there. Mooring fees are one way to mitigate the pack. Yes, mooring gear will and does fail. On one charter with top tier outfit we experienced an anchor shackle failure. We got the anchor back on our own. Kids found it. When we reach the base. The only thing they asked was did you mark the spot where you left the anchor. Big Boat with Big Anchor. The feeling even below deck when the boat parted with the bottom was very distinct.

What do you pay to park a car for 24 hours at many of the popular areas so many of us visit? Anything less than $50 is inexpensive. See you on the BEYC shuttle soon... leave your garbage on the boat, they will send a scow out to get it.

There is a bit of a difference between a Mooring and a anchor. You can easily inspect your boats ground tackle to insure it's in proper shape. That's not always the case with a Mooring. I have noted many times BEYC moorings in very poor shape. Unlike nearly every overnight mooring field in the BVI they did not use moor secure to maintain there moorings. It was Done internally. That may have changed but I don't think so.
I actually really like the BEYC however as a customer using one of their Moorings you get zero allowance for using their shore facilities. No ice, water or garbage service. The BEYC mooring field merges with the SABA mooring field. The SABA balls are in a better location for getting a breeze and you get free ice, water, restrooms ect.. Your access at BEYC is the same regardless of which ball you pick up.

George