Over the years there have been quite a few.....
Bob Barron was pretty much the first person we met. Back in 1995 on my first trip to the island, back when he was "King Bob" at Sapphire and I met him at the welcome party our first night...and sang "I Got You Babe" with him. We have been friends ever since!

Manu from Touch of Gold. We spent a lot of time shopping at ToG, He got married and had a child, and we went out to dinner a couple of times on visits. Then he left SXM and we lost touch.

Marty and Lori at The Dream Pool Bar. Met Marty first when visiting friends who were staying at Caravanserai. Then we stayed there two years in a row and got to know him and Lori...and they have become dear friends.

Neil at Gold Creations in Maho. We spent many hours year after year shopping at Gold Creations with our friend Neil, and spent many hours socializing with him as well. Tragically killed in a motorcycle accident several years ago at too young of an age. Miss him still.

Roger at Gold Creations (now at Riviera across the street). Grew close to him because of Neil. Stayed closed to him because he and his family have become dear friends of our family.

Bert and Jill from the Ocean Club. Got to be friends with Jill when she worked on the Celine. We both had Pittsburgh roots. Stayed friends with her and spent many hours at their bar/restaurant at the Ocean Club over the years. We had a big rum jumbie hat that my husband got one year that would hang on the wall year round at Oasis, and Paul would wear when sitting at the bar during our vists. We took the hat home several years ago when they left Ocean Club....and it makes me sad to see it because I know that Bert and Jill are no longer on SXM.

Neil of the Celine. One of our dearest friends and an honorary family member. My kids have grown up going on the Celine every year since birth (and even during each preganancy!) and we were all heartbroken when she was destroyed this fall. But we had already gotten to know Celine too while Neil was working on her during previous trips so we look forward to many more years sailing with Neil!

Tamara who works with Neil on the Celine. We have gotten to know her over the past couple of years and she has now found a firm place in our hearts.

Jeannie of Shop and Drop. She has made our trips so much easier with kids! And she is such a happy and kind person. Can't say enough about her!

Lee from Lees Roadside Grill. He and his former co worker (Chi Chi?) were must stop visits in our early days before Lees become so big. Our first visit there were two plastic tables and chairs. Chi Chi left the island and Lee is never there when we stop in. Miss those days.

Gustave the night attendant at Sapphire. I think he got a kick out of us in our early days. When we first started coming I was single and I came with my best friend. Gradually I added a husband, then 4 kids. And he always greeted us with a big smile through the years!

Mickey at Tropicana rental car. He saw us through flat tires, keys lost in the surf, and our car being totalled while we ate at Turtle Pier. Plus a lot more I am sure!

I am out of time but know there are a lot of others who have made SXM special! Counting the days until I am back there!