Glenn,

Is that "worst case $120 from STT to Tortola" for a flight? I just looked and Air Sunshine is showing $250 roundtrip STT-EIS.

Just comparing flying vs the ferry/taxi from STT to EIS that would be $250 pp roundtrip to fly vs about $100 pp roundtrip to do the taxi/ferry. So a $300 premium for the two of us to avoid the ferry? That has me thinking!

Just as a point of reference from Memphis to EIS (going in late June via SJU) the airfare is just over $1500 pp/rt. The best workable flight to STT is just under $900. So even considering taxi/ferry cost, say $100 pp/rt that's a $500 difference pp - or $1000 out of pocket. We've averaged closer to $700 MEM/STT so on a normal trip it has been closer to $1400 extra for us to fly. Last November we paid $465 pp/rt to STT and IIRC the EIS ticket was still around $1500 so it would have been $1800 extra to fly. As Glenn said most of the flights for us were much longer (20 hours) than the ones to STT and the few that were shorter (11 hours) are pricey.

Not saying this would be the case for everyone or that there is anything wrong with paying more if it's worth it to you. I just bugs me that it's going to cost us $900 to get to STT when we only pay $1200 to get to Athens Greece.

Life involves risks, take some prudent ones (NOT with the BVI ferries)!