Back to less pressing matters...

Evan, I don't know the whole history of ATT's smartphone plans and tethering but here is a link where they are telling their customers how their data plan is about to change and it now includes tethering. Looking near the bottom at "Tethering Plan Requirements Keep Your Current Plan" you can see "you'll need to stop using mobile hotspot tethering by the end of the month" and "Please remove any tethering apps" and "If you continue tethering on your current plan and we don't hear from you, your data plan will automatically update to the DataPro 5GB for Smartphones". I don't know specifically which plans they were refering to except for the "unlimited" plan they used to offer and many have been grandfathered in. I don't know if ATT always prevented them from tethering or not but at some point people started using apps that let them get around this and use tethering. These people felt like they had already paid for "their data" and many said they felt like ATT was pushing them into plans that would cost them $20 more a month or force them to leave their unlimited plan if they wanted to tether.

Anyway, it looks like we can tell people that they can tether an iphone (any compatible GSM smartphone?) on Lime and soon we'll have verification that it works on Digicel too. We know that Digicel offers 3G/4G (not 4G LTE, it's 3G at HSPA+ speeds) on 850 Mhz and 1900 Mhz for wifi/hotspot users. Based on the device Evan (sail2wind) has we know Lime works at least on 850 Mhz. There is probably another frequency Lime uses but I am not sure which one that is. I'm trying to find out. Anyone see any errors in that summary?

Life involves risks, take some prudent ones (NOT with the BVI ferries)!