sail2wind said:
you can do this through email in one or two days, unless something has changed

It seems to have changed and NOT for the better. I've gotten BVI fishing licenses at least 10x over the years with prompt service via email. Last December I applied only a week or so before I needed it. A last minute change of plans... About a week after my application, which did have my CC info, I got an email acknowledging that my license obviously wouldn't be granted by the start date I requested. They just wanted to confirm that I was still interested for the following 30 days. Very thoughtful, I'm impressed. I tell them to go ahead and email me the license as soon as possible and just have it run for 30 days. A few days later I get a call informing me that they've somehow lost my application and could I resubmit it? Uh, NO! At this point my patience was done. I cleared out of the BVI that day and sailed to the SVI with lines out trolling 1' past the BVI border. We were fortunate enough to catch a nice mahi along the north side of St Thomas. We spent the following two weeks, and our money around Culebra. Yes I will probably try to be blessed with a fishing license again in the BVI next year, maybe.