I had a great experience with Captains Compass. My friends and I chartered a 38 foot cat from him a few years ago and the entire process was a breeze (Timeless Passage - which is no longer listed on his site). Brent is a laid back guy, but is as serious as a heartache about his fleet - and it shows in his briefing. His fleet is a bit older but certainly well maintained. We had an engine problem and Brent resolved the issue very quickly - even bought us lunch while he fixed it. We saw Lom Dee when we began our charter, she was in the slip next to us, we were disappointed that we weren't chartering her, she appeared to be in great shape.
Besides the great price and Brent's professionalism, another great thing about chartering through him is that there isn't adverting on the boat or sail like other charter companies have - so the boat doesn't scream - "I'm a renter" (there is a name for us renters, but I can't think of it). Anyway, as long as your not looking for luxury, you will NOT be disappointed. Good luck, I'm jealous.