There are a couple of other things I thought about to help clear the fog associated with this topic.

If all you need is wireless internet access to one device, you can get a wireless USB adapter for that purpose. It's being called a "stick" in this thread. That's fine. You have to have a USB port on your device (iPads and most tablets that I know about don't have one) to plug the stick into. Laptops do. You also want the stick to be configured to receive Digicel's 4G signal so a Wi-Fi stick won't do that. Two different systems, 4G and WLAN (Wi-Fi).

The advantage of buying a hot sport from Digicel is that it will already be configured with a Digicel Sim Card.

Alternatively, and if you already have a hot spot, you can buy a Sim Card for it from Digicel and install it yourself.

A Sim Card is tiny, about the size of a finger nail, and goes into a slot in the hot spot. There will be a little door on the device for that purpose. To my knowledge (I've not tried it) hot spots are not locked devices (see below) and it will accept the Sim Card in the port designed to receive it

It's been mentioned in this thread that you can turn your mobile smart phone into a hot spot. That is true in some cases but not all phones can do that. Regardless, your phone has to be able to receive the local area network, in this case Digicel's 4G. So, it you want to go this route AND your phone is capable of becoming a hot spot, you still need a Sim Card put in your phone to do that AND your phone has to be "unlocked." Unless your phone is old and can be unlocked, you can't use it for a hot spot in the BVI. Stick with purchasing a Digicel Hot Spot