CanadianGirrrl said:
having done 3 extra nights ashore before heading home, we found we were tired and just wanted to get home, we now add the extra days before the charter, everyone is anxious to get into relax mode, we found the days prior to the charter to be a wonderful way to slide into ilon time, for this trip (we leave tomorrow morning) we're spending our 3 days prior to the charter again at the Tamarind, lazing in their pool, eating their amazing food,wandering down to josiah's bay beach for sunning, swimming and yummy, simple beach bar lunches. a perfect prescription for limin'
For what it is worth....I agree with most of this. In the past I've done the land-based before thing and it was like waiting for Christmas as a kid wanting to get on the boat. But, we were able to wind-down and get into ilon time and take our time shopping, etc. Last May we were on the boat for 8 and land based for 6 days and, while it was nice - I prefer the land based prior to the charter for many reasons. The only thing I disagree with is the statement "we were tired and just wanted to get home...."...NEVER have I ever left the BVI without figuratively being taken kicking and screaming to the airport and being (again figuratively) forced to get on the plane. I look forward to being there and absolutely HATE leaving...no matter which order we've done the trip.

https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10765;405/st/20220331/e/USVI+and+BVI/dt/0/k/05ce/event.png