Thanks so much for all of your replies.

We stay at the Westin (have a timeshare) - so now stay there every year. The first two times we stayed at Simpson Bay (love it there too!).

Right now we only get to be on the island one week per year. We have three children (19, 16 and 11) but haven't brought them with us yet. It has been a vacation for just the two of us so far.

Full-time jobs and kids still in school, etc make it difficult to go for more than a week right now. Someday I dream of staying for longer or coming twice a year.

Things we did last trip because of what I read on these boards:

1. Sint Maarten Yacht Club for breakfast and bloody mary's (my husband loves bloody mary's - he tried several and different places during our stay and did choose the yacht club's as the best). We also saw a mega yacht come thru the drawbridge that is owned by the owner of the Washington Redskins - we live outside of DC so that was kind of a fun coincidence.
2. Dinghy Dock - nice and close to the Westin - it was a quiet night when we went, but I loved sitting on the marina. Very beautiful.
3. Dreams in Nettle Bay. There was alot of seaweed on the beach and it started pouring rain while we were there which literally put a damper on that experience. :-)
4. Andy and Cheryl's on Orient. We met Cheryl! Again - Orient was covered in very bad smelling seaweed - so probably not the normal experience.
5. Kokomo - Loved it. Again - started raining while we were there so we only got to enjoy it for a short time. I thought it was lovely and will get even lovelier as they finish up all the landscaping and construction. It was expensive though.
6. Cheri's Cafe in Maho - saw the show. The lead singer (dressed as a woman) sat on my husband's lap. It was a cute show.

That's all I can think of right now.

I have a list of places to try on our next trip that are all things I've read about on these boards!