I had notes for the first 8 days of the trip, and just remember day 9. We left on day 10. On Wednesday, we had booked a half day snorkeling and mangrove excursion using Nico out of Sainte-Rose. Captain Nico is an Italian man that has been on the island for about 20 years. He spoke French and Italian, but no English. But my wife translated enough for me to get most of what he was saying. It was a good group trip out to the Mangroves in the water. We snorkeled over a sunken ship, stopped at a 3 foot deep "swimming pool" in the water, and snorkeled again in very shallow water around the mangroves. Captain Nico is very knowledgeable and did a great trip.

For lunch, Capt Nico recommended Terrace de Amandiers located just above Plage des Amandiers. That was a good lunch of Creole food. We mostly had home cooked Creole food, so we did not eat out much. I had a lot of good Creole food on this trip that I am still working off.

Later that day back in Pointe Noire, just a short way south of town we took a road up the mountain to pray at a Shrine of the Weeping Virgin. It was a very pretty setting with a small water fall, and a place to cool our feet in the water.

Beach Hunter