There is a Cruise3Sixty event in Fort Lauderdale going on right now. It is big industry show for Travel Agents, but there are a ton of exhibitors there and Alegria is one of them.

Someone from one of the SXM facebook forums, who is well versed on the whole Caravanserai / Alegria issue actually went up to them and asked questions. Here is there response.

Ok here comes the dirt straight out of the mouth of Janelle Schwartz, VP Sales, Marketing & Revenue Management.....

They are going to bulldoze everything but the Dunes because they own all the land around it.....interesting to note she bragged, I mean BRAGGED about how "they got this on the court house steps for pennies because the owner of Caravanseri was bankrupt"....

Apparently they have "been in very serious talks and just had a site visit" from Marriott....
Who is "very interested in putting in a Renaissance hotel"...

And they are also "going to build the entire area up adding an amphitheater, bars., etc"....

And "I am going to be thrilled with the area over the next 2 years" (I told her we make biannual trips to SXM)...

They are strictly a hotel now...but you can rent the rooms from a day or a month...

Last edited by wilsonck; 04/23/2015 10:03 PM.