Manpot said:
Hate to say it but I think you are lucky..get there at lunchtime when many flights seem to leave and you be in long lines before you get through. I would always leave a 2 hour minimum more like 2 and a half..this last time through was a loooong haul. One thing we do to speed things up is get a second c and i form from the ferry company so we are ready to go right through to c and i at the airport..

I think the STT airport operates in its own universe, by its own set of very dysfunctional rules.

Most of our VI vacations are on STJ (with a few trips to the BVIs) and I agree, that does sound like either luck or travel during off peak times.

The peak times can be epic and unless you see the crowds spilling out into the parking area, I can see how someone would think 2+ hours is overkill.

We started getting a porter 10 years ago and haven't looked back. I know that past two times, the self-check in was down so people had no choice but to wait in line.

Next trip, we are flying home on a Monday in July. I'll report back on those crowds. (Or lack of crowds)