I'm going to try this ONE MORE TIME.......

Between my partial knowledge of IPad usage, coupled with sporadic island and Towers Internet issues, this will be my third attempt at sharing our day at Anse Marcel. They say the third is the charm so we shall see......

We left here and drove out to Anse Marcel, and on the way we realized it's probably been twenty plus years since we were last there. The beach is dominated by RIU AI Resort, previously known as the Radisson, and before that, it was LeMeridian and that's when we were last there.

Once you climb up the long hill and back down again, and after you've had your fill of the incredible views from up there, you drive toward the Guardhouse at RIU and make a left hand turn right at the guardhouse, and then follow the signs for Grand Anse Beach Restaurant and the little blue signs with the big P (p as in parking....) and you will eventually end up in the parking area just before the restaurant and beach facilities.

The beach service is wonderful and so is the food. Two chaises with thick cushy mattresses, one drink table and one 'parasol' aka umbrella will run you twenty Euros, and that's just the beginning. This is definitely NOT an inexpensive day, but is a truly delightful one worth every penny spent. And after a few glasses of wine it doesn't seem nearly as expensive, but note, please, it's a tad beyond a Rosies ribs lunch at Mullet.

There wasn't a blade of seaweed to be seen anywhere, the water is gentle and the only sounds beyond that of the waves gently kissing the shore, are the laughing children to be heard playing up and down the beach and the occasional background of all the different tongues this island attracts. It's very peaceful and totally enjoyable.

It was a lovely day and one I'd love to repeat again this trip but if not, we'll do an instant replay in December for sure.

And for those who asked elsewhere, this is definitely NOT a beach I'd be comfortable bringing a cooler to.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."