1mjk said:
I am looking at taking our 2, 4 & 6 yr sailing old next year, any suggestions or pointers? Anything in particular to help the kids enjoy the trip?

First time going with kids, so I am thinking the adult itinerary is out the window! Any tips are much appreciated

Mike

Hi Mike:
Bringing the kids is a great idea! I'd recommend using Aarpskier's Sailing with Grandkids document - it was a good way to prepare the kids for the adventure. I think he posted a link to it in part 2 of this trip report.

The favorite stops for the kids were the Baths and the Bubbly Pool, but don't forget to bring/wear lifejackets to both. We didn't bring them to the Baths because I didn't think they'd do much swimming, but we regretted it. Going to the Baths by car versus picking up a mooring was a very good choice. The team at Leverick can help you arrange this, if needed.

The Michael Beans Happy Arrrr was also a huge hit! He did a great job engaging his audience of all ages. The kids also liked the tarpon feeding and the aquarium at Saba Rock.

And don't forget about the appeal of a nice, calm beach for kids! They liked the Sand Box on Prickly Pear, the beach at Pirates and even the little beach at Leverick. They took advantage of any opportunity to dig in the sand.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. Enjoy your trip!

Amy