So it's come to this. Eighteen days of sun and fun are done. And believe it or not, even I am ready to go home. John, on the other hand, was ready a week ago but he's a really good sport. And it helped that we saved BSV for last. He's enjoyed watching the boats off the rear porch and the planes out the front door so this has really been the best of both worlds for him.

Today we got an early start - last day and all and we needed to make a quick trip into town to take care of some unfinished business so we had coffee in and headed to P'berg where we had breakfast again at the Barefoot Terrace. Good but not as good as last week. And then, it was off to see my favorite jeweler. Chores done in town, we headed home doing some errands along the way. Gassed up the car at Sol in Simpson Bay - the attendant was very nice and even broke a hundred dollar bill for us, along with making a point of thanking us for the tip.

Home finally to laze around the pool and porch....made some sandwiches in for lunch and actually took afternoon naps out there on the porch. The beach is getting a little narrower every day here but there's still plenty and since no ones going in the water anyhow, it's a non-issue for the most part. And there was almost no seaweed last night or all day in most areas of the beach around here, though I can't speak for anywhere else.

When we came through Maho Bay on our way back from dinner, I noticed a fairly decent sized beach on the Royal Islander side of Maho but almost nothing in the middle and over to SSB&G - maybe room for one chair at the top by the road and the rest of the beach appeared to be down to mostly boulders again, but we all know how the sand comes and goes there.

We had a delicious dinner at Le Moulin Fou, one of our favorites ever since it opened. Cheri's is closed on Tuesdays so we were able to dine outside and enjoy the gentle breezes and the night air. We were shocked at how dead Maho was, and for that matter, P'berg was too this morning. The low season is definitely here and the shopkeepers and many of the independent businesses are really feeling it.

So that's about it. Tomorrow is our travel day so I guess that means I need to get started packing up some of the 'stuff' that's accumulated around the apartment and discover how much of a struggle it's going to be to get it all neatly stowed away. And this, then, is the absolute downside to vacationing, for sure.

And as I say good night, I'm looking out the sliders here and gazing at a gorgeous still full moon glistening on the water. What a great ending to an already super trip........

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."