My wife and I have been pondering a charter in Raitea and Bora Bora next fall for our 20th anniversary. I wanted to get this out there to see if anyone else had chartered and could offer advice on a couple of things and I will list below.

1) It appears to me that fall may be a good time to go but wondered if anyone could offer advice on the best time of year to charter French Polynesian?

2) Figured we might stay in an over the water bungalow a day or two either before or after and then sail maybe 7 days to include Raitea, Bora Bora, and Tahaa. Is Huahine worth the extra time to visit or do most people stick to the above locations?

3) Is it reasonable to assume we could get there in one day from the states, including a charter flight from Tahiti to Raitea, settle in and provision on the same day and then sail out the day after or is this too ambitious?

4) Are the over the water Bungalows worth the expense or should we just sail the whole time?

5) Any recommended books or websites which could provide more information? Also any other words of wisdom or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Brett