I would check out Orient Village for who is open at lunch. I suspect that some of the restaurants there may be open for lunch during that time period that previously have not been. As far as cheap eats on the beach, if you're not comfortable with the Perch or Papagayo, it's pretty much Pedro's, which I expect is going to be jammed. Some of the bigger places do offer pizza and other light options for lunch though, like Kakao and Palm Beach, for instance, so you may not be so bad off. Palm Beach in particular has free chairs if you eat and drink there, so that may be a good option also.

As I've said before, I don't know what will happen in terms of the BEACH itself in these areas. Will people be able to bring their own chairs (and food and drinks) and put them in the areas where those restaurants were, or is the beach going to be cordoned off? I guess no one will know until it actually happens. IF you can bring your own chairs, or if you are OK with being on the Club O beach, you can always bring your own food and drinks and do quite well!

Carol Hill