sail2wind said:
Tom, You need to clear in and out for both sides. You can dinghy under the bridge. I don't understand why you can't take the boat in the Lagoon? Anytime there is a swell the Lagoon is always calm.You can dinghy to a number of good restaurants, but lock you dinghy. The Yacht Club and Skip Jacks both have docks.

Dang. Having to clear in and out puts a damper on things but I guess it's not such a big deal. It's interesting that I've heard different opinions on this. Do a lot of people just chance it and don't do it?

I'm not completely sure that I can't go in (I vaguely remember them saying something but I wasn't planning on it anyway so I didn't "store" it) but it wouldn't surprise me. I think they want to avoid getting out of the channel and grounding, and mishaps with the bridge, and all that stuff that is involved with going inside.

Yeah, I lock the dinghy and the motor every time I leave it anywhere (except in Gustavia where the dinghy dock is such a mass of boats that you can barely reach the dock with your painter, let alone a lock cable).

Thanks