GeorgeC1 said:
I took a look at the performance of the aircraft using a 3700 foot runway with no departure obstructions. Anything above 65 for a 480 mile flt looked like it would be load restricted, thats where the 65 came from. Every degree above that increases the restriction. This would only apply out of EIS as it is the airport with the short runway. I am not sure however if the departure path is considered obstacle free.
It's probable however that they plan reduced loads out of EIS and filling the aircraft up at the intermediate stop. A stop raises costs substantially so I wonder what their break even price would really be.
I would like to see the BVI government focus on the near term and see about attracting quality service from SJU to EIS with larger aircraft. Rebating half the current 40 dollar per passenger fee at EIS as a subsidy might encourage additional flights.

I looked at the specs for the new bombardier CS100 . Could this aircraft service EIS from Miami or New York with a small runway extension.