Hi everyone - my wife and I decided to do a whole day private sail with our old sailing school to freshen up our skills before we head back down to the BVIs in a few weeks. We practiced loads of stuff and learned a new trick I thought was worth sharing.

Quick temporary MB secure: head up slow as per usual, have one end of line cleated off on port side of bow, with line running outside the headstay and the hook to the other side, where someone is waiting with plenty of line. As boatr comes to a standstill with starboard side of bow v close to the ball, toss the belly of the line out and around the ball, then pull it in tight and cleat it off around the starboad bow cleat. Then with a decent temp secure you have pleny of time to use the hook to set up a bridle through the eye with zero sense of rush. It may not be new at all (but was to me). I was skeptical at first that we could get blown off the ball, but after several successful tries in decent winds (down at the chesapeake) we think this is a nice reduced-stress solution.

Interested to hear feedback from the seasoned veterans with loads more experience.

........................................................................................................
If I keep on drinking rum, the world will soon be quit of a very dirty scoundrel!