Hello,

I had a question for a friend.

Next week we will be sailing for 3-days and 3-nights thru the British Virgin Islands on a 62' Lagoon Catamaran.

She is prone to motion sickness, and although I know catamarans of this size are VERY steady, she wants to make sure she chooses the cabin that will be the most stable.

We will be anchored every evening in a cove, so I know it will be relatively calm at that time, but during the day we will be cruising with the engine running and most likely will encounter some movement.

Here is a link to the catamaran layout and the cabin options. Obviously, the front two cabins are out as they may see the most "movement" during our cruising times.

Which of the remaining two would be the most stable where the least amount of motion would be felt? The back cabin or the middle cabin?

Also I know the engine underneath the boat often causes a rumbling that can be a bit nauseous, so which cabin would feel that the most?

And just in case she wishes to take a power nap during the day while the boat is motoring to another location, which of the two cabins (back or middle) would have the least amount of motion during these times?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Here is a link to the cabin layout:
http://www.centralyachtagent.com/yachtadmin/websites/4160brochure88.jpg

P.S. And yes, I have been on a catamaran before and am also prone to motion sickness.....I know a lot of people say "Oh a catamaran is steady", but the last time I was on one I indeed felt some motion while in my cabin. Since I fully understand her "anxiety" of choosing the most stable cabin, I just wanted to reach out to get some opinions of others who are super-prone to motion sickness even when on a "steady" catamaran. Thanks again!