i am not even sure how to begin this post. Did anyone else see the sailboat that burned to the waterline at Saba tonight? It was a cluster response of the most epic proportions.

So, I forgot to turn on anchor light to our boat and ran out mid dinner to turn on. Turn around and see boat anchored by Prickly Pear has its rigging on fire. Guessing this is 8ish. I vapor lock, then turn on vhf. It's quiet so I figure it's been called in. I grab an extinguisher and flashlight and jump in dinghy.

Turns out another dinghy scrambled from Saba and we tried to approach. No go. Then we look for heads in the water. None. Then we alert boats downwind. You'd think the smell would be enough. Nope, booze is strong. All got out of the way.

While I get that you don't dogpile an issue at sea, wtf was with the apathy. The rumor, stress, rumor, is that no one was aboard, but I've still not seen any official boat, 4 hours later. This boat roman candled. Am I taking crazy pills thinking there should have been a better response? I've never seen anything like this in 20 years of sailing.