EdB said:
The beaches all over the island come and go. It's the same with Maho...some times there is a huge beach...other times it is just rocks. It's mother nature doing what mother nature does. There probably is nothing that Club O can do to change the way the ocean currents are. I've been going to the island for around 25 years now...and have seen huge beach at Orient...and other times it can be hard to put one row of chairs at points.

Yes, that's all true. But that is not the case when it comes to the Papagayo part of the beach at Club O. For the past 15-20 years, this part of the beach has only gotten smaller. I have no proof, but I think it's possible that something happened when Hurricane Luis came through in 1995. At first it was very gradual and difficult to even notice, but it started getting smaller and smaller. By 2009, what was once 50 feet of beach (or more), was down to just 10 feet. By 2011 it was all gone.... the water had reached Papagayo. In 2013, Club O put rocks and boulders at the base of Papagayo's "front wall" in an attempt to protect the building. By 2015, the rocks could no longer hold back the ocean and Club O built the seawall (barrier) that was completed a few months ago. Now the water is working its way around the seawall (to the north), which is why I started this thread. Where (and how) will this end?

I have photo's showing the beach in front of Papagayo. They show just how drastic the decline has been over the past 20 years or so. I can email them to anyone who could post them into this tread.