I watch what George says about airlines like a hawk..well maybe a hawk with foggy eyesight, because I thought he was with US air, but I do appreciate him sharing his knowledge.

Coming out of St Louis American usually had the best itineraries but the last couple years on multiple occasions we have used both United and Delta because of better terms using capital one points. came down on Delta yesterday, I do hate the seat selection game most play.."oh you want something other than a middle seat or last row on the plane..pay us, these are special..but same dimensions":) but on Delta for the additional fee to have a seat close to the exit it also came with free libations. If that was George's idea, he deserves a raise! anyway starting the party early on a long flight is not a bad idea..though as the aisle seat occupant it likely got me up too often...some can't "hold their drinks":)

Anyway we had planned to bring a car down to VG this trip and made the one way reservation with Delta from Ft Lauderdale a few weeks ago. Something came up (eye surgery) so we used Southwest miles to go to FTL. Alas you had to fly back to Atlanta and ride the train between concourses..fastest people mover in the bidness I think...and then fly back and over florida..dang don't see why they couldn't have stopped and picked us up.

At any rate the 1:30 scheduled arrival became 1pm with 230 tortola ferry and cocktails on VG balcony about 5 pm.

The trips with Delta hav been flawless but have always taken them to STT. I really thought there was a bit more leg room in coach than on most. Our problems with AA were usually outside of weather, from SJU to EIS..both baggage and cancelled flights, as George mentioned that was really not AA supplying those flights.

Going back Cape air and Southwest. Never have done that before and not economical to use miles but wanted to fly out of VG this time,

One thing I never understand. on every other airline they assign seats so all the ducks know the row they are in. Southwest has the open seating thing. Yet with everyone knowing where they are sitting, it seems loading time is twice what it is on Southwest, where the passenger has to choose down the aisle? Has to be a reason, I see no more urgency than the standard "step out of the aisle"stuff on either. Always been curious about it.