We stayed at Le Cottage de Lonvilliers in Anse Marcel a few years back. It was our second time staying there. It was a rainy day and we were watching a movie when i heard something rustling in the trash. I look into the kitchen only to see a large rodent tail. I then saw it and it looked like a mouse on steroids not a rat. We shut it into the closet for the night but I still did not sleep. The next morning he was gone from the closet (sneaky guy)and we went to the office and found out it was coconut mouse. I googled them and they are about the size of a coconut, vegetarian and seemed harmless but still a rodent. They came over set traps tried to seal some exterior holes etc. The next night he/she had returned while we were at dinner, got onto the counter and took a big bite of my bananas that were on top of the coffee maker. I was so pissed i threw them out the front door when i got home. We awoke the next morning to an army of iguana feasting on the bananas. That annoying rodent actually turned a bad expirience into a really cool morning. We ate breakfast watching the iguana ... and the elusive coconut mouse was seen a few times more that trip but never caught.

[Linked Image]