Don't forget (and it easy for most to do just that) one of the reasons their economy is in a shambles is crazy Bob has rejected every crumb of aid that could potentially be offered.

Most sources not the least of wwhich is Great Britain has always wanted a stable Zim, if Bob goes this will start once again and you simply cannot minimize the impact that and whomever elses aid would filter in from countries like the USA and other nations in Europe that want Zim to suceed.

As it stands now they get almost nothing and even thier nieghbor South Africa would be a positive force with crazy Bob in power thier hands are tied.

Did I mention I know and have talked to some folks that have been there with NGO's and as simply travellers?

I really don't think (and hope) that this apocolyptic vision you have going is going to happen, and you simply cannot compare Somalia to Zim (or anybody really) as Zim has some formal government and Somalia has had none since around 1990.

As to vehicular travel my point is whether you are in Zim or in CT it statistically IS the most danger laden activity you will engage in on a daily basis, it really does not matter where you are except in degrees of danger.

Google Polo's bastards