I'm flying American again in June, after Delta for the last 6 trips. I've got miles that they insist will expire in 2017, so... We will be doing American for a few trips between now and then.
I am the captain, responsible for the safety and overall well-being of those on board for our two week trips in January and June, so there are just too many things that I MUST HAVE on board to ever really be able to do carry-on only. That said, Delta gives me free carry-on - not so with American.
So, at the risk of offending some (hijacking?), I would appreciate any current pointers to information on Tortola storage bins, where "semi-frequent" charterers can store their "precious" boat essentials. I never use everything that I bring, but I always use several things; my self-made 24x4 sunshade, and various mechanical/electrical devices; always boat and maintenance dependent. Yes, you can wait for a chase-call response, but if you can fix it yourself (and update the maintenance staff at turn-in), you have saved everyone some grief.
I did a few searches, but have not found the old threads on Tortola storage bins.
If I can get a storage locker/bin deal done during my January trip (probably on Delta), I might be able to actually do carry-on only in June for my AA flights.