Carol_Hill said:
"Get out of Marty's way??" None of us here knows very much at all about the SXM court system, but apparently, in SXM, the tenant is always right, even when they're not--as in, even if they owe rent for literally YEARS. Which I don't know if Marty owes any rent or not, but do NOT compare this case to a US case. Here in Florida, if it is alleged that the tenant owes any rent, they have to deposit the full amount alleged into the court within five days (or have a hearing to determine what the correct amount is), or they just LOSE. So, I would say that Marty is lucky that he isn't in Florida, or he would be evicted by now.

In the most recent hearing, Marty provided evidence and the court ruled that He was indeed current and paid in full in regards to his rent payments for the bar. According to his post, Marty said his rent is 50% of the bars profit plus $150 per month. Not sure how he will ever make a profit with the treatment he is receiving and lack of guests at Alegria. No water for the past week, no way to make ice or wash glasses. Shameful. And yes, I agree. Get out of Marty's way and let him operate his business without harassment. The man has a 5 year contract for the bar, and Ray seems to be trying every way possible to keep him from doing business. The outside guest who frequent Marty's are about the only guests entering the complex these days.

Last edited by RetireSXM2022; 10/14/2015 01:29 PM.