EdB said:
Cornhusker...

Enjoy your trip to the island. One thing though, you may want to reconsider are your ''travel around the island'' plans. To get to the restaurants, shopping, etc...from Flamingo is not an easy walk....and if you head to Simpson Bay, from Flamingo it is halfway up hill......and then down......and the return walk is almost all the way up hill!!!! Don't know your age, or what shape you are in....but staying at Flamingo is a ''workout'' in progress. All uphill from you. You may want to reconsider your idea of a rental car for just a day or two. First of all, a short term one or day rental, will probably cost at least half of what you would pay for a weekly rate. Then add in taxi fares, even too and from the airport, and a couple of restaurant trips, you will be paying more than you would for the rental. Just a thought...my two cents worth.
CUT THROUGH THE SIMPSON BAY RESORT-but now I OWN that hill! it's amazing what a difference 15 pounds will make... and I thought jitneys were a Pittsburgh thing.In Pittsburgh they were a local, under the radar car service for folks who couldn't afford a cab. Oh and yeah.. just walk out of baggage claim and claim a cab. quick and easy.

Last edited by jerber160; 10/17/2015 11:34 AM.