Carol_Hill said:
It depends on what you mean by "along the beach". You can definitely walk FROM Beacon Hill Road to Fan Coral Road or over to White Sands Road and thereafter get to the beach and then walk all the way to Karakter if you want. You cannot do so all the way on the beach, as there is no sand, there are in fact cliffs below the condos on Fan Coral Road. You can walk from Beacon Hill Road to Fan Coral Road and take the stairs beside those condos, down to the beach, before Beachside Villas, and then walk the additional 1/4 mile to Karakter down the sand. Or you can walk back to White Sands Road and down White Sands Drive and out to the beach, and then walk the rest of the way to Karakter from there on the sand. Check out Google Maps for the names and locations of those various streets.

Once you are at Beachside, it is around 1/4 mile from there to Karakter on the beach. I would guess the entire distance from Beacon Hill Road to be maybe about 1/2 mile. If you go by White Sands Road, it's flat. If you go Fan Coral, there are some hills there and a pretty steep staircase down. I would not want to climb back up that staircase after a few drinks and a long day in the sun, especially if you're hauling towels, etc. You could walk there and get a cab back.

SXM map
Once you are at the map, zoom in.

Thanks for the scoop. We're near the "Hill" in "Beacon Hill Rd" near the cul de sac. So I guess we walk beacon hill to fan coral rd then hit the beach and hoof-it. 1/2 mile should be no problem. Any good plane photography from over there?

But now I think about the good times, down in the Caribbean sunshine...