That strikes a nice memory of some of our very early island visits, Carol.

Years ago, and I'm thinking perhaps the early 80's, we used to go into town early in the morning so we could snag a convenient parking spot on Front or Back Street.....a very different P'berg then, I might add.

We would usually head to a place on the waterside of Front Street called Pinocchio's (which has been long gone for at best guess, at least twenty years or more...) where we and the girls would enjoy breakfast (usually warm freshly baked croissants included in it...) while we waited for the shops to open at their leisurely pace, and where we could watch the tenders bringing their passengers into Wathey's pier. The people always looked so carefree and happy as they came down the pier...... And we loved to see the ships anchored out a bit and swinging in the currents.....

I haven't really noticed lately, but I wonder if they still do the tenders........i know they were going to bring people to the newer pier at the other end of town, but I can't say I've ever really paid attention.....

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."