Given the way forums and internet communications work in general, I know this may come across as negative - or even as an attack on specific posters. Instead, I hope you will take it as a polite suggestion to make life easier...

I'd like to suggest that posters try and come up with a subject line that clearly (as much as possible) describes the question or topic they are posting about. When I browse these forums, I don't click on every post. I scan the subject lines to see if it might be something I'm interested in or a question I could answer. That works fine until I come to a post with a subject like "Do you know...".

Now I have to decide if I want to take the time to actually find out what the question is. Of course my curiosity gets the best of me and I click - only to find that the rest of the question is say, "...the shortest route to OB from Marigot?" I don't know/care so I click back.

The next day, I see that post again. And, since my memory is that of a goldfish, I can't remember whether this vague post was the one asking about sailing charter companies or the one about the route to OB. I click, and find that no, it's the one about driving to OB. Ugh. Click back. All of this could be avoided if the subject were simply "Shortest route to OB from Marigot?" or something similar.

BTW, I make this same kind of appeal on many of the forums I browse because it's a common occurrence. I get it. Sometimes it's hard to boil your complicated question into a descriptive subject and it seems simpler to basically say "Hey, I've got a complicated question". If you think about it though, what you are really saying is "Hey, guess what this post is about".

Again, I hope no one takes offense at this suggestion. There's really no way to make it without sounding negative, which is not my intent. I just want to urge posters to take an extra second and think about describing their post so readers can more easily determine what it's about.