Rbailey said:
What usually happens to any little-known location with special qualities is that a few people who are especially attracted to its features talk about it, more people are attracted, entrepreneurs set up to take advantage of the opportunity to provide services, still more people hear about it and want to experience what it offers, but maybe with a bit more convenience and services, and eventually its reputation for being special brings in so many people that the qualities that made it special in the first place no longer exist. It may still be an attractive location, but for quite different reasons than those that made it special in the first place. That’s pretty much what happened to Orient and to a large degree to the island in general.
My opinion – Orient was still special in 1989 [Linked Image]
but the “end” was in sight [Linked Image]

Perhaps one of the very best analogies I've seen so far. I'm sure the people who knew Orient in the sixties thought Pedro and Club O brought ruin to their favorite spot in the 70s just as we felt that same ruin in the 80's and as so many have since then.

It is what it is, folks, and those who come down the road will probably love it just as we did 'back in the day' as we scratch our heads and ask WHY?!

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."