I'll sing the praise of Le Taitu's lunch special. It's 11.85 Euros, generally with a choice of 7 or 8 different plates (I prefer the French dishes). The plate itself comes with salad and starch, and the meal comes with a drink, wine and beer included, and a post meal coffee. I think this is the best deal on the island.

There's no way to go wrong with Yvette's lunches, which are priced the same at dinner. Goat stew or chicken for $10, including Johnny cakes, fries, salad and fried plantain. If you have more "expensive" tastes, $15 will get you conch or snapper dishes. The meals are very filling and we usually take some home.

For something completely different, try Ital's Freedom Fighters. While the plates are vegetarian they are both filling and tasty. I believe there's 2 sizes of the daily, one is $9 and the other $11. I found this place to be a welcome change to the Cardiologists' nightmares that I really like to eat.

And for a super cheap lunch, have some patties/pies and a couple of Dutch Coffees at Hilma's Windsor Castle. I think the patties are $1.5o each, and two are filling. Me, I prefer her stuffed johnny cakes, and 2 of those wonderful sandwiches with 2 coffees runs $13. And, if you get there when she isn't too busy, she's a great lady to talk to.