dlbert said:
LIAT are notorious for leaving late, losing baggage, dumping people on the wrong island etc.

If you travel with them, you are looking for trouble, unless you have not other choice, LIAT loves you !

Liat:
1. Luggage Is Always Tardy
2. Lost Inbetween Antigua and Trinidad
3. Leave Island Any Time

On our first trip to SXM, 18 years ago - we flew American from Chicago to San Juan, then Liat to SXM. We were traveling with our children (15 & 13) and it was only their second time out of the country. When we landed in SJ a porter helped us with our bags, asked us where we were going and on which airline. When I told him SXM & LIAT he said "that plane just left". I informed him, no - we are on the flight that leaves in 2 hours, and he said "thats the one that just left". Of course I thought he was just messing with us, UNTIL we got to the LIAT counter. They told us the plane was full so they left - but there were 8 passengers standing there that were on our American flight that were supposed to be on this LIAT flight. The only solution offered was the next open LIAT flight - 3 days from then!!! This was before cell phones and laptops - so I ran around to the other airlines to see what we could come up with.. nothing good was the answer.When I got back to the LIAT counter, one of the stranded passengers that had started screaming right away was finally quiet and had a smile on his face. Somehow he had convinced LIAT to put us on 2 small charter planes, fly to St Thomas and meet up with a LIAT plane to SXM. My wife, myself and our 2 children got in one plane. It was so small it only seated 4 passenegers, they had to weigh our carry ons to balance the wing storage, there was no separation between us and the pilots - we just looked over their shoulders. It was one of the smoothest landings and interesting flights I have ever had! We got to SXM very late, got into a van out to OBBR (before any of the current buildings were completed) and took off. The road was so bad back then that the driver would actual drive off of the road some times to avoid potholes. Both of my kids thought the driver was taking us some place to rob and kill us!!!- which of course was not the case. None the less, we had a great time at OBBR and looking forward to our return trip in 7 weeks... just NEVER EVER on LIAT again!!!