JoeC047 said:
Would never have been the same without Andy anyway!

i guess this means that you haven't been there since andys passing years ago. Au contraire!!!! Cheryl kept things just about the same after his passing.....the food was the same. The service was still great with Cheryl always working like a dog...but always a smile on her face, and always found time for all her thousands of friends. Even felt Andy's presence there....sitting in the corner, muscle shirt and all...smilling at everyone there.

Cheryl and Andy spent years building and working on their business. I don't think there is or was a harder working couple anywhere. Andy would be at the restaurant at the crack of dawn, doing all the prep work, etc, and work well into the late afternoon. Cheryl would come in, and immediately go into ''high gear'' for all the customers. Cheryl and Andy's always remined me of the old televison show CHEERS. It truly was a place that ''everyone knew your name". Half the time, you didn't even have to order...Cheryl knew what everyone's ''usual'' was. Over the years, we met a lot of our SXM family sitting right at Baywatch. It truly was a friendly, fan favorite of many. Very few of the patrons would only go there once...but make it a must do stop every trip. I guess all good things must end....and this is one of them.

I am so thrilled and happy for Cheryl finding her new love. She deserves to be happy, and if retirement was her pleasure, then we all have to agree with her decision...even though for thousands of us, walking Orient Beach, and not seeing the blue shack with all the licence plates, surely will be a sad moment, but great memories of life gone by. All the best to Cheryl...and hope Andy continues to RIP.... they both will be forever missed.