caribbeangirl13 said:
If you are traveling during peak season I would get to the airport at least 2 hours early. We flew out on January 2nd and it was mayhem. Many people didn't get to the airport in time and missed their flight. We met a few people who had been denied boarding of their flight because they arrived 1.5 hours ahead of time. One couple was supposed to depart on the 1st but were still there on the 2nd and didn't make it home to Denver until the 3rd.

That makes perfect sense. You can easily step out of at taxi 90 minutes before your flight and not get into the lines and have the computer fully execute your work for a boarding pass or bag claim before a 90 minute, even 60 minute cut off. Some may also claim I got here two hours before my flight. In reality they took ten minutes getting their crap out the cab and settling the tab. Then another 10 minutes getting themselves to the counter line. The only time that matters is when the agent hits enter for your case. If it takes the agent 10 minutes to open your paperwork, one finger type... all of that is lost time in the countdown to the second of cutoff for the execute key.

If you are just pulling into the airport drive 120 minutes before flight time. You will not always get to the front of the line in time to print a boarding pass or print a baggage claim ticket before the computer locks your flight.